Electrical/Lighting Design Engineer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Precision is king when it comes to the work you do
- Prepare electrical calculations, material quantity take-offs, estimates, surveys, designs, specifications, data sheets and other construction documents.
- Prepare detailed requests for electrical equipment and related materials, review submitted drawings from suppliers, and perform technical bidding analysis.
- Provide input and technical guidance to lower level CAD designers/drafters, designers and engineers working on the same project.
- Independently perform electrical distribution system design and draft electrical HV and LV designs, lighting designs for indoor and outdoor applications using Dialux and AGI32 software with minor support from Senior Engineer.
- Prepare power cable size calculations using software such as Amtech.
- Conducting Electrical Load Flow Study using ETAP software, analysis and short circuit analysis, as well as cable derating calculations using Cymecap/Similar software.
- Prepare the project Electrical load demand calculations, power supply master plans, LV network designs including distribution substation layouts and 11KV/22KV/13.8KV-HV network designs for large private developments and/or large government projects.
- Design the electrical system design for the pumping stations such as irrigation, drainage and sewage pumping stations and sewage treatment plants.
- Design fire alarm and life safety systems and must be familiar with the NFPA and local civil protection regulations.
- Support the preparation of detailed technical, commercial and life cycle cost analysis of various technical alternatives.
- Prepare and deliver detailed technical powerpoint presentations for the clients. Prepare technical design reports with minimal support from the senior engineer.
- Liaise with DEWA to obtain power master plan approvals, load NOCs, LV design approvals, HV design approvals, obtain 11 KV substations, electrical applications, etc.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as needed.
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or closely related field) from an accredited institution
- 8 to 10+ years experience in electrical design of large infrastructure projects
- Experience working in Civil3D or other 3D software environment;
- Extensive experience working with Dialux and AGI 32 software
- Basic knowledge of the ELV systems such as CCTV, access control, parking management, BMS, SCADA systems.
- Fully familiar with the IEC, IEEE, BS standards and the regulations of the Electricity Authorities such as DEWA, ADDC/ADWEA and/or other authorities in the Gulf region.
- DM/RTA approval would be an added advantage. Registration with DEWA as an electrical engineer will also be considered an added advantage.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration is preferred
- Proficiency in using CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Details of the track
- work location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- business industry
- General engineering office
- Business type
- Employer (private sector)
- Type of employment
- Full-time employee
- Monthly salary
- a number of vacancies
- Years of experience
- Min: 8 Max: 10